There are two ways makeup works, when its done right it makes you look ravishing and when it isnt, well lets not go there! The fact remains that, it can either make you look fab or it can make you look drab. What would you rather opt for? Fab, it is! Here are a few amazing makeup tips that will help you get “˜the look right.
- 1. START WITH THE EYES: If you aim at doing darker tones for your eyes such as the smoky eye, then start doing your eyes before you apply anything on your face. The reason being, that when you apply dark tones on your eyes they tend to fall on your face and ruin your make up.
- 2. GET THE BLUSH RIGHT: Choose a blush that suits your skin tone. Once you get that right, look into the mirror and smile. Take a good amount of blush and apply it on your cheek bones. Smear the blush, with the help of your fingertips, all the way up from your cheekbones to your hairline. Then finish it up by smearing it with a sponge.
- 3. BE WARY OF THE COLOUR SHADOW: Pay attention to the amount of colour you apply on your eyes, if you were to apply any. Do not apply so much that the rest of your makeup looks out of place. Also, make sure that you only apply it on your lids and not all the way up to your brow.
- 4. PICK YOUR FOUNDATION: It is very essential, that you pick a foundation that blends in with your skin. Your foundation is the base for your makeup; you most definitely cant get this wrong. When you buy a foundation, ask for help. Try different tones and step out in daylight to check if the foundation works for you.
- 5. LONG LASTING FOUNDATION: Heres a trick to make your foundation last longer. Moisturise your face and then use a primer. Apply a layer of it, and then use your foundation. Make up stays on longer if you have a long lasting foundation.
- 6. BOLD BROWS: When you are in a hurry and you have no time to do all your makeup, you need to focus on your basic features. You could start by framing your eyes with darker brows. Take a pencil that matches your hair and run it over your brows two maybe three times. Thatll make you look livelier.
- 7. LIPLICIOUS: If you dont believe in putting on heavy makeup then highlight your lips and apply very little make up on your face. Use bold colours to highlight your lips. Start with a lip liner that matches the shade of your lipstick. Apply the liner judiciously, dont overdo it. Then apply your lipstick and youll be good to go.
- 8. USE BODY SHIMMER: Once you are done with applying makeup on your face, concentrate on the other exposed parts of your body like your hands and your neck. If not, youll look out of place. Pick a body shimmer for your skin tone. Use a moisturiser followed by the shimmer.
- CARRY ENOUGH MAKEUP: If you do plan on going out after work, carry enough make up accessories to redo your face. Choose darker tones of eye shadows and blush to get the night look. Even Provisional Licence is important when you plan to go out after work or to buy some fashion costumes.
- DO AWAY WITH PERFECTION: If you dont get it right the first time, use softer tones to blend the colours in with the rest of your face. Never aim for perfection.
Heres hoping that you find these tips useful.