Jewelry is essential for creating a polished, stylish look for the modern woman. Accessories can be used to pull together a look, emphasize your features, or give you a signature design that enhances your personality, fashion sense, and even your sex appeal.
When building a jewelry collection, its a good idea to start with the basics and work your way up to the statement jewelry that will give you that unique flair and panache. Read on for the most important jewelry pieces that every woman should own.
1. Stud Earrings: Timeless and elegant, diamond studs are an excellent foundation for a fine jewelry collection. Perfect for a night out on the town, an event (wedding, baptism, trip), or even just for a romantic weekend stroll, the diamond stud is a classic essential. For a versatile assortment, you also might want to acquire silver studs and studs in different colors (black, red, blue) over time.
2. Hoop Earrings: These should be your go-to pieces for a more casual, flirty, and fun look. Start with plain silver or gold hoops. Be careful to choose the right size to frame your face. Whether you go with large, dramatic hoops that dangle to your shoulders or small, understated hoops, this accessory adds a versatile finishing touch to any ensemble.
3. Cocktail Ring: The statement jewelry piece of the moment, the cocktail ring is a must-have for any fashionable woman. Whether its chunky and daring,slender and sophisticated, vintage, modern, an over-sized bauble or a triangle pyramid ring, cocktail rings come in many different shapes, sizes, and styles. These sparklers make a bold style statement. For example, cocktail rings ruled the red carpet at the Grammys this year. BeyoncÃ© sported two hands full of single and cluster diamond rings, conveying graceful sophistication with a touch of bling. Meanwhile, Madonna stunned with two diamond-and-platinum encrusted initial rings, M and E, the statement being a brazen and audacious message of self-love. Indeed, multi-colored cluster rings seem to be the hot trend right now, with sapphire, amethyst, ruby, emerald, and topaz exuding glitz and glamor.
4. Long Necklace: Particularly popular in the 1920s and 30s, this classic staple has been making a strong resurgence as of late. These stunning pieces go with everything and make a smooth transition from day to night. Feel free to layer them, add charms and baubles, or double them up around your neck for a shorter alternative.
5. Bracelets: To further accessorize your look, a shiny fashion bracelet (or a few) is highly recommended. You can stack thin, delicate bangles or invest in an exquisite diamond tennis bracelet. Even a single silver or gold bangle can add a touch of elegance to any ensemble.
Make Your Statement, One Piece at a Time
With these basics in your jewelry collection, you will dress to impress. Over time, you can slowly acquire other essential pieces, such as chandelier earrings, a pendant necklace, and a unique vintage piece. Eventually, you will develop a sharp eye for superior quality, unique style, and expert craftsmanship.
Written by Edmond A. Edmond loves the latest trends in fashion.